Wednesday, May 21, 2008

2. Bone: Out From Boneville


Smith, Jeff. Bone: Out From Boneville.New York: Scholastic, 2005.


Annotation: Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone- three cousins, are thrown out of their hometown, Boneville. They get separated from one another and are all lost in the desert, and each has their own interesting journey as they attempt to find their way back together.


Justification For Rejection: I will begin with the positive: the graphic format really enhances the story, and the pictures and characters are drawn with great quality. The story flows well, is easy to follow, and is just right for its teen audience. My argument for rejection is that I had a hard time staying focused on reading, and my mind would wander as I was at different stages in the book. The story moved along fairly slowly, and while it is a series and I would need to read the next book to find out what happened, I had little interest to do so. I felt the story didn't have enough of a climax built up in order for me to get excited about it.


Genre Category: Graphic Novel

No comments: